Jewelry with a Conscience TM collection gets recognized in PEOPLE STYLEWATCH!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Runway Ready with BodyRock Sport

"Seashells from the Seashore..."
I'm in my car driving to a client appointment and the phone rings. It is Kelly Dooley, the mastermind & creative force behind BodyRock Sport. "Joseph," she says breathlessly, "I am doing a runway show at the W Hotel in New Orleans next week, with models in oxygen filled bubbles in a pool, what Knight&Hammer should they wear?" 


You want Big, we got it!
WHAT? Once again this fashionista Goddess has caused me to almost drive off the road... Models, oxygen filled bubbles, New Orleans - race through me head. All I can reply is, "Okay Kelly let me figure it out," and get off the phone. 


Designing for a runway show is very different than designing jewelry for a woman's accessory arsenal. The jewelry needs to be inspired by the fashion designer you are collaborating with and bolder, so it can be seen by an audience. The last time I created a runway specific collection was for Boston-based, Daniela Corte. The Trenta Daniela collection was incredibly successful and was a melding of two of my collections, Le Mal Afrique & Trenta: http://knightandhammer.blogspot.com/2010/02/collaborating-with-daniela-corte.html  However, Dooley's models will be in oxygen bubbles, so this jewelry needs to be beyond epic.


Of course, during my client appointment all I can think about is hotties in tight formfitting BodyRock sports bras & what Knight&Hammer? Luckily, my client doesn't realize that I'm preoccupied with thoughts of New Orleans jazz and Mardi Gras beads. Then there in my client's library I see it! SHELLS, SEASHELLS line the bookcases and tabletops. I share with her the exciting news of working with Kelly. I start picking up shells and envisioning fantastic oversized earrings in shimmering silver and gold.  The client has collected these shells from the beach infront of her Hawaiian vacation home. She graciously offers me any of the shells to use. So gratefully for her generosity, I agree to make her a pair of the earrings she likes best. 


Ten minutes later, I am burning up my Blackberry sending Kelly pictures of sand dollars and starfish that will become the ultimate accessory to her incredible sports couture. The shells are light but bold, they will make the perfect foundation for gold and silver foiling while remaining comfortable to wear. Once again a Knight&Hammer BodyRock collaboration has proven fruitful, inspiring & a lot of fun! 
Silver Starfish

One-of-a-kind Starfish necklace

These Sand Dollars are now Silver Dollars!
Please contact us at info@KnightandHammer.com for purchase information.






No comments:

Post a Comment